Francie and I are on Nantucket - out at the west end in Still Water, a cottage overlooking Madaket Harbor. Last night I cooked up the following to go with rice:
Marinate for a couple of hours 2 chicken breasts cut in to bite size pieces in:
- 2 in chunk of ginger cut into thin slices (I had only the Scimitar that comes with the cottage to cut with so the ginger was a bit more chunky than optimal. If you cut it fine enough, it will cook and be yummy to eat)
- 2 - 3 big cloves of garlic, minced
- Lemon Juice (from one of those little plastic lemons, I recommend a real lemon, but I was unwilling to go to Stop & Shop just for that)
- 2-4 T of Rose's (sweetened lemon lime juice, it was in the fridge, but added a nice something)
- Salt & Pepper
Stir fry as follows:
- 1/2 large sweet onion, char it a bit
- then the chicken, marinade and all
- at about the time marinade has a minute or 2 before it is reduced away, add about the same amount of broccoli as chicken (I did not have enough broccoli)
Cover with a lid to steam the broccoli.
Finish with about 2T butter.
serve with steamed rice...