07 October 2004

Good Food

Good food is the food that you like. It might be fancy and it might be plain; it most likely depends on the day and time. This thought was brought up by the dinner that Zora and I enjoyed tonight.

Basically it was ground beef. I browned it in the skillet and then took it out and sauteed some onions and garlic in a little olive oil. I could have started with the onions and garlic, but Zora doesn't like them (or at least claims she doesn't like them) and will spend most of the meal picking them out. After the onions and garlic were going, I put most of the meat back in the pan added a bit more salt and pepper, some paprika and some oregano. And turned off the heat.

I was undecieded on starch and toyed with noodles and pasta, but finally settled on mashed potatoes. So I boiled and mashed some potatoes. While that was going on I added a bit of flour to the meat cooked it a bit more added a bit of milk and brought it all back up to heat and adjusted the liquid so it was sort of thick.

Green stuff was peas - fozen peas into a bowl, covered the peas with water, in the microwave for 2.5 minutes.

Blob of mashed potatoes in the middle of the plate, meat on top, peas around the edge. Looks ok - tastes great. Real comfort food. Z loved it too. A simple good meal that hit the spot.

No comments: