25 November 2007

Thanksgiving on the Farm

Zora and I had Thanksgiving on Peter and Bernadette's farm. Peter is Zora's uncle; Zora's Aunt Anne and her family were there as well. Springdale Farm is a CSA (community supported agriculture) and their season is just about done.

The food and the company were all wonderful. We had a very fresh turkey that had been raised on the farm. I carved, bolstered by a nice little video from the NYTimes featuring the head butcher at my beloved Fairway.

Zora and I contributed 2 pies: 1 apple, 1 pumpkin. The significance of that is that I seem to have finally shaken my pie curse. Zora and have cranked out 3 pies with nary an incident. The breakthrough seems to have been the purchase of Pie a massive tome with patient and clear instructions regarding crust.

Zora's comment as we left for our drive home was that it was nice to visit the farm because the people there seem content with their life. (I have a very cool daughter!)

Maybe next year we will host at our place - who knows...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.