24 September 2004

Oven update

After 3 aborted attempts the oven repairman and I managed to be at my apartment at the same time yesterday. In the previous attempts, he managed to come pretty much exactly when I had told the dispatchre that I would not be home. The successful meeting, required a pre-emtpive move on my part.

He did manage to fix it so the oven now works.

Tally relative to my prediction:
  • about a week to get it fixed - much less than my predicted month

  • about 7 phone calls - less than the 12 I predicted, but about twice as many as it should have taken and on track for my prediction had the first repair attempt failed (as I expected it too)

  • 1 repair visit - I know I didn't publish this prediction, but I expected it to take 2 or 3 visits.

So now we can bake another pie, or perhaps even cookies!

No comments: